Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines Day treat


"Mommy, Happy Valentine..." i whispered in Mom's ear as i try to wake her up. She was seemed surprised but returned the endearment with a sweet smile (she might be wondering how i learned it. thanks to Dad for being such a good tutor). I may not pronounced/delivered it right but i saw in her face that she's happy. And nothing makes me happier than seeing my parents together--loving and caring for each other, both of them loving me.

The day went on as usual but in the night Dad surprised Mom by inviting her out (of course, with me and my cousin, Kuya Renz). We're supposed to pick her at her office but Dad, I and Kuya enjoyed strolling in Gaisano Metro so Dad "texted" her to just meet us there. Then we went on sight-seeing together and had dinner (where else?) at Jollibee.

After dinner, Dad decided we take a "tartanilla" (horse-drawn carriage) home. We were all excited (Mom, me and Kuya) as it would be a first time experience for us. While on board, Dad was teasing us because he observed that we were all beaming and enjoying the treat. From where we disembarked, we still have to walk several meters to reach home.

While walking (Dad was carrying me on his shoulders), we were awed when the fireworks at the the Crown Regency/Club Ultima suddenly lit the overcast sky. Magnifique! "Wow, nice..." i kept on repeating as i feast my eyes on the marvelous sight that lasted for more than five minutes.

That was my first Valentines Day (i mean, the first time i celebrated it as far as i can recall). And they say the first time is always the most memorable. Indeed, i've proven it true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home