Sunday, February 28, 2010

The year that was...

The year 2009 was a year of, well, whatever... But if i haven't mistaken and if my mom (who actually wrote this) remembered her cathechism class back in grade school, this was the year when most of the Sacraments of the Church happened in the family.

In April, my aunt got married in church; in the first week of October, my Lola got sick, was hospitalized and later died and in November, my cousin Mandi was baptist. So we had the sacraments of Marriage, Baptism, and Anointing of the Sick in a year. Of course, Confession and Holy Communion happen regularly among the elderly.

The past year was a year that tested the bond between family members. Lola's interment has gathered all the relatives from and outside Cebu.

Sad but we have to accept that living and dying are just among the stages that people have to pass before we could finally reunite with our Creator. Wherever is Lola now, i believe that she is very much contented and happy--free from all the worldly pain, troubles, problems and heartaches. My only regret is that i was not able to tell her how much i appreciate the way she loved and cared for me. I was looking forward for her to live until i start schooling or i grow old enough and spend more time together but God has other plans for us.

I misses my Lola. I often ask Mom or Dad about her but they tell me she would never come back. And as the days pass by, i slowly get to understand why she has to leave.

Hasta la vista, Lola!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home